In the past, regular water was good enough for most people to drink and consume. With the rise of bottled water in recent decades, however, it has become much less common to see someone drinking tap water.
Bottled water is often viewed as a healthier beverage than tap water, but is there really much of a difference? Alkaline water benefits may offer some uniqueness rather than other types of bottled waters don’t have.
- 1 What is Alkaline Water
- 2 The benefits of drinking alkaline water
- 3 What are the benefits of high pH water and increasing your overall alkalinity?
- 4 The side effect of alkaline water
- 5 Alkaline Water Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
What is Alkaline Water
Alkaline water is simply water with a higher pH than regular tap water. Regular tap water has a pH of 7, while alkaline water has a higher pH which can range from 8 to 10. The thing that makes it “alkaline” is that when you add an alkalizing substance such as baking soda or lemon juice to the water and stir it in, it raises the pH level.
The benefits of drinking alkaline water
Alkaline water is known to have many benefits, but some people are skeptical of this theory. Those who are hesitant about alkaline water may have concerns that it will cause more harm than good. Negative side effects of drinking alkaline water include an increase in stomach acid, dehydration, and worsening of kidney disease. However, there are also positive aspects to consuming alkaline water.
- Drinking alkaline water helps with weight loss by increasing metabolism and burning calories faster.
- It’s believed that alkaline water increases energy levels because it stimulates your body to produce serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and endorphins.
- it can help you get the proper amount of minerals that you need for your daily diet.
- It also helps balance your pH levels which can reduce stress on your immune system.
- Drinking alkaline water also helps clean toxins from the body which reduces inflammation, boosts your energy levels, and increases weight loss.
What are the benefits of high pH water and increasing your overall alkalinity?
In order to fight disease and increase immunity, it is important to drink water that is high in pH. The benefits of alkalinity are that it can help regulate blood pressure levels and help reduce the risk of heart disease.
It also helps maintain a balanced electrolyte composition, which can be helpful for preventing muscle cramps.
The side effect of alkaline water
The negative effects of alkaline water are that it can be very acidic (pH levels below 7) and cause damage to your body if you drink too much. It also contains high amounts of minerals which can cause health problems such as kidney stones
Alkaline Water Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Is there a difference between alkaline and ionized water?
Alkaline water is water that has been passed through an ionizing filter, which does not change the pH of the water. Ionized water is a type of alkaline water that has had oxygen or hydrogen added to it. The addition of these elements changes the pH of the water, making it more acidic.
Should I use alkaline water when cooking ?
Alkaline water is often used for cooking. A person who wants to maximize the potential health benefits of alkaline water may wish to use it when making soups, rice, or beans. Alkaline water does not react with any other food in the pot. It will only change the pH of food that is already present in the pot.
How long does alkaline water stay alkaline
After the initial production using an electrically charged device to remove particles and impurities, alkaline water has a neutral pH level. The alkaline properties are stabilized in the water through speciation reactions with minerals, which are activated by electrolysis.
It is unknown how long alkaline water stays alkaline.